[Biopython] biopython-1.53.win-amd64-py2.6

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 17:49:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have built biopython 1.53 for 64-bit Python 2.6 for Windows using Visual
> Studio 2008. The test output is attached. The installer is at
> <http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#biopython>

Nice :)

Was this with NumPy 1.4.0rc2?

The fact that test_GraphicsBitmaps.py failed with a font problem
is indicative of something not quite right in ReportLab and/or PIL.
This is almost certainly not a Biopython problem.

A couple of SCOP tested failed - could you run unix2dos (or
similar) on Tests/SCOP/*.txt and Tests/SCOP/scopseq-test/*.txt
and retest? That "fixes" it on win32.

Also what does this do on your Windows 64bit python?

>>> import sys
>>> sys.platform
'win32'

I've seen threads discussing if it should return "win64" or
"win32", but the simplest way to check is try it and see.

Thanks,