[Biopython] MuscleCommandline and phyiout

John Cumbers johncumbers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:10:16 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm using the MuscleCommandline wrapper and I'm having trouble getting the
Phylip interleaved output format.  For the Muscle command line I would type
"muscle -in myinputfile -phyiout myoutputfile" and this command in python:
cline = MuscleCommandline (input=output_file_name_FASTA,
out=output_file_name_aligned)

But for phyiout, this doesn't work:
cline = MuscleCommandline (input=output_file_name_FASTA,
phyiout=output_file_name_aligned)
returning: ValueError: Option name phyiout was not found.

I tried to lookup the possibilities here:
http://www.biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/Bio.Align.Applications._Muscle.MuscleCommandline-class.html

but couldn't find them, any help appreciated,
cheers,
John

John Cumbers, Ph.D Candidate
NASA Ames Research Center
Mail Stop 239-20, Bldg N239 Rm 373 Moffett Field, CA 94035, USA.
cell +1 (401) 523 8190, office +1 (650) 604-1914, fax +1 (650) 604-1088

Graduate Program in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry
Brown University, Box G-W Providence, RI, 02912, USA