[Biopython] How to restrict blast query to proteins of a certain species

bar tomas bartomas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 15:27:20 UTC 2009

Hi,
I just tried using a taxonomic id:
The following both give the same result:

result_handle = NCBIWWW.qblast(*"blastp"*, *"nr"*,
fasta_string,entrez_query=*"house mouse[orgn]"*)

result_handle = NCBIWWW.qblast(*"blastp"*, *"nr"*,
fasta_string,entrez_query=*"txid10090[orgn]"*)

(entrez_query needs to be after the non keyword arguments or else the
compiler complains)