[Biopython] SEQRES PDB module

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 13:54:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Rodrigo
faccioli<rodrigo_faccioli at uol.com.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry about my general question. However, I've read the source-code of PDB
> module and I haven't found how can I work with  SEQRES section of PDB file?
>
> My doubt is: Is there a method such as get_SeqRes?
>
> Thanks,

Biopython has limited support for parsing the PDB header information, and
does not (currently) do anything with the SEQRES lines. You can usually
infer the amino acids sequence from the 3D data itself (although this is
complicated if there are gaps, for example residues whose coordinates
were not resolved).

What are you trying to do? It might be simplest to download the sequences
from the PDB as simple FASTA files.