[Biopython] [BioPython] Invitation for Biopython news coordinators

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 15:22:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:
> Having several people involved will work out well. When you are
> finished up with finals, check back in with the list and David and
> we can get you set up with whatever you need. Good luck with exams
> and thanks again for the message,

Our news server uses WordPress, and the default roles are defined
here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

I propose to make any "News Coordinator" volunteers "Contributors",
meaning they can write and manage their own posts but not publish
posts.  Initially that will need an OK from above ;)

Once we're happy with your work, we can upgrade you to an "Author"
meaning you can publish and manage your own posts independently.
Further down the line there is "Editor" (which will let you edit other
peoples posts) or even "Admin" status...

So David and John, you should be able to register yourselves here
http://news.open-bio.org/news/wp-register.php and then drop me an
email and I'll upgrade you from the default "Subscriber" to
"Contributor".  If that doesn't work, just email me directly with your
contact details and a suggested username (I'd go with "johnm" or
"davidw", but any sensible suggestion is fine - Brad just picked
"brad").