[BioPython] Reading Roche 454 binary SFF files in Python

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 17 12:18:53 UTC 2009

Just to add, Pjotr Prins' BioLib initiative (http://biolib.open-bio.org/wiki/Main_Page
) is building SWIG-based interfaces to several C/C++-based libraries,
including Staden io_lib, which supports the following formats (c&p
from the latest io_lib README):

	SCF trace files
	ABI trace files
	ALF trace files
	CTF trace files
	ZTR trace files
	SFF trace archives
	SRF trace archives
	Experiment files
	Plain text files

We're working on the Perl/Ruby bindings; it shouldn't be hard at all
to get Python (and by extension, Biopython) working.

chris