[BioPython] how to convert file full of BLAST runs into a FASTA file of sequences?

jchen at alumni.caltech.edu jchen at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Apr 9 00:20:58 UTC 2009

Hello,

How do I convert a file full of BLAST runs into a FASTA file of sequences
for each hit?

I have tried parsing a file full of BLAST runs per the instructions from
the Biopython tutorial and cookbook
(http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html), but I continue to
get a ValueError. I have tried the hints on throwing certain exceptions,
without much help. The only thing I have gotten working is parsing a BLAST
output consisting of a single hit from a single query.

I used BLAST v.2.2.18 to generate my BLAST output.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Jerry