[BioPython] numpy migration for Bio.PDB.Vector

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 13:14:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Christian Meesters
<meesters at uni-mainz.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For my own software I've re-written Bio.PDB.Vector. (Or at least
> something similar, but I've adpated my code to the look & feel of Thomas
> Hamelryck's original code.)
> My code avoids using the 'from numpy.oldnumeric import'-statements. I've
> send the file some months ago to Thomas, but it seems it didn't make it
> to CVS. Anybody interested in using it as a template (it includes some
> unit tests)?
>
> Christian
>
> PS I don't have time to join the development, but appreciate any
> progress in biopython. Thanks to all of you and keep up the good work!

Hi Christian,

It seems Thomas has been a little too busy lately to spend much time
on Biopython.  Could you file an enhancement bug on bugzilla for this,
and then upload your code as an attachment?  Depending on what exactly
you mean be re-writing Bio/PDB/Vector.py either a patch or just the
new python file(s) could be best.  Further unit tests are also welcome
:)

Thanks,