[BioPython] Deprecating the obsolete Bio.Ndb module?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 17:57:20 UTC 2008

Dear Biopythoneers,

The Bio.Ndb module (written six years ago) provides an HTML parser for
the NDB website (nucleotide database, a repository of
three-dimensional structural information about nucleic acids).

The URL has changed, but this service is still running.  However, the
webpage layout has changed considerably - Their front page mentions a
major revision in Jan 2008.

Unless anyone would like to volunteer to look after the Bio.Ndb module
and bring it up to date, I'm suggesting we deprecate it for the next
release of Biopython.