[BioPython] [OT] Revision control and databases

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:30:06 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a question (well, it's not directly related to biopython or pygr, but
to scientific computing).

I always used flat files to store results and data for my bioinformatics
analys, but not (as I was saying in another thread) I would like to start
using a database to do that.

The problem is I don't know if databases do Revision Control.
When I used flat files, I was used to save all the results in a git
repository, and, everytime something was changed or calculated again, I did
commit it.
Do you know how to do this with databases? Does MySQL provide support for
revision control?
Thanks :)

(sorry for cross-posting :( )