[BioPython] averaging ATG based signal from chip on chip data

Triantafyllos Gkikopoulos T.Gkikopoulos at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Nov 24 14:58:35 UTC 2008

Hi all,

 I am new to python, have started learning on my own. I want to do some microarray analysis and one of the things I would like to do is to average signal from a tilled array by aligning a set coordinates say ORF ATGs and plotting the average signal for a region of fixed length say from ATG to 300 bp downstream .

  obviously this should be the same if I have a bed file and want to do the same analysis based on either start or stop of all fragments included in the bed file.

 I can use the csv compnent to import my bed file and signal file, not sure what is the best way to import such data as, make a dictionary or make an array or just a list.

 Appreciate any help

 cheers

Dr Triantafyllos Gkikopoulos
The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096