[BioPython] [PopGen] a random Haplotype Sets generator

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:37:35 UTC 2008

I am writing a module to generate semi-random sets of haplotypes.
For example, let's say you want a set of 100 sequences of 200 SNPs, in
which an hotspot is located in a certain position: the module is meant
to generate such datasets, mainly for testing purposes.

You can find the code here:
- http://github.com/dalloliogm/biopython---popgen/tree/master/src/PopGen/Gio/HaplotypesGenerator.py

Could you give me some suggestions about this? For example, which
kinds of haplotype model would you think it could be useful to
implement (see the function paramsGenerator)?
What do you think about the way I have written this code? Would you
implement it in a different way?