[BioPython] Bio.KDTree on 64 bit machines

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 19:00:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Paul Rudin <paul at rudin.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm looking at the biopython KDTree class. It requires arrays with
> dtype=="float32". I can make such arrays, but on 64 bit machines it's
> more natural (and the default for numpy float arrays) to have "float64".

You're looking at the code for Biopython 1.49b or CVS right?
i.e. Bio/KDTree/KDTree.py CVS revision 1.10 or 1.11

[For Biopython 1.48 and older we used Numeric, which just had "f" as the type.]

Hopefully Michiel can explain if there was a particular reason for
choosing "float32", but on the face of it following the numpy default
would seem sensible.  Would you like to file a bug on this issue?