[BioPython] annotations in an Alignment object

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:04:10 UTC 2008

Is there any way to store some annotations in an Alignment object??
For example: the alignment tool used, its parameters, its version, the
date, and the nature of the sequence aligned.

I am asking this because I would like to write a module to create
ldhat input files from an alignment program.
A ldhat file (http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~mcvean/LDhat/instructions.html)
is very similar to a fasta file; the only difference is that in its
first line, it contains three numbers, one of which can't always be
inferred by the data.

I have looked at Bio.Align.Generic's code, but I am not sure.