[BioPython] NCBIXML error

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu May 8 09:18:53 UTC 2008

>  It seems they did change the format. When I run blast locally ...
>  whereas it chokes ... as "BLASTP 2.2.18+".split() lacks a third element.
>  Should be easy to fix, shouldn't it?
>
>  Christof

I came to the same conclusion Christof, and its now fixed in CVS (with
a new test case too).

Giacomo, if you want to try this you'll need to update your system.
Checking out the latest code from CVS and installing Biopython from
source would be one way.

However, you only need to update one file, replacing
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Bio/Blast/NCBIXML.py with CVS
revision 1.4.  If you want, you can just grab this from the web
interface here (once the website is automatically updated in a few
hours):

http://cvs.biopython.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biopython/Bio/Blast/NCBIXML.py?cvsroot=biopython

Please let us know on the mailing list if that works for you (or if
there are still problems).