[BioPython] Fedora packages for 1.45 (was Re: Biopython release 1.45)

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 27 11:21:46 UTC 2008

> We are pleased to announce the release of Biopython 1.45.  This
> release includes numerous code improvements and fixes, including
> in Bio.Seq, Bio.SeqIO, Bio.Entrez, Bio.PopGen, Bio.SwissProt,
> Bio.Cluster, Bio.SCOP, Bio.InterPro, Bio.GenBank, Bio.ExPASy,
> BioSQL, and the Biopython documentation. Too many to list them
> all here!

> Source distributions and Windows installers are available from
> the Biopython website at http://biopython.org. My thanks to all
> code contributers who made this new release possible.

Hi there,

For all Fedora users, new packages for biopython 1.45 are now
available the "updates-testing" repository for F-7 and F-8

To test them out simply run (as root):

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install python-biopython

Please provide feedback on packages here:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2008-2750
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F7/FEDORA-2008-2724

the more positive feedback from testing, the faster the packages can
go into the stable "updates" repo (or conversely if there are any
problems, they can be fixed before being pushed).

Thanks!
Alex