[BioPython] Secondary structure alphabet?

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 22:49:48 UTC 2008

Here is the secondary structure alphabet:

class SecondaryStructure(SingleLetterAlphabet)
 |  Method resolution order:
 |      SecondaryStructure
 |      SingleLetterAlphabet
 |      Alphabet
 |
 |  Data and other attributes defined here:
 |
 |  letters = 'HSTC'

I can't find what that HSTC stands for. The closer match I found was
the DSSP code:

The DSSP code

The output of DSSP is explained extensively under 'explanation'. The
very short summary of the output is:

    * H = alpha helix
    * B = residue in isolated beta-bridge
    * E = extended strand, participates in beta ladder
    * G = 3-helix (3/10 helix)
    * I = 5 helix (pi helix)
    * T = hydrogen bonded turn
    * S = bend

(http://swift.cmbi.ru.nl/gv/dssp/)

Does anybody knows the meaning of HSTC? I am CC this mail to Andrew
Dalke it seems he was the one who submit it the Biopython.

--
Curso Biologia Molecular para programadores: http://tinyurl.com/2vv8w6
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info