[BioPython] Deprecating the HTML parser in Bio.Blast.NCBIWWW

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 22:29:37 UTC 2008

Christof Winter wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>>
>> For any Biopython and Blast users,
>>
>> For some time now we've been discouraging the use of the HTML
>> and plain text Blast parsers in favour of the XML format.
>>
>> I think it would be a good idea to now officially deprecate the
>> HTML parser in Bio.Blast.NCBIWWW with warning messages
>> when it is used.
>
> Full ack.
>
> Christof

This is now deprecated in CVS, and I'll update the tutorial shortly.
For the next couple of releases of Biopython the parser will still be
there, but will now issue a warning message. if you try and use it.
If there is anyone out there still using the HTML BLAST parser, it
isn't too late to undo this change.