[BioPython] Clustalw pair wise alignment

Stefanie Lück lueck at ipk-gatersleben.de
Wed Jan 30 10:24:55 UTC 2008

Hi!

I working with clustalw and everything works fine. No I have some questions:

1) Must the input data be in a file or can it also be in the code (e.g. in a list)?

2) Because, I want to do many (up to hundreds) pair wise alignments (short sequences) and I don't want to store each of them in a separate file.

If I have it in one file, clustalw make a multiple alignment:

Match1                              ------CAAGATTTGAGCACCACAGGCAA---
full1                                  ------CAAGATTTGAGCACCACAGGCAACAG
Match0                              AGCCTTCAAGATTTGAGCACCACAG-------
full0                                   AGCCTTCAAGATTTGAGCACCACAG-------

whereas Match1 should only align to full1 and so on.

Could someone give a hint?

Regards

Stefanie