[BioPython] Problems runing BLAST

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 12:15:26 UTC 2008

Hi Bruno,

On Jan 29, 2008 11:34 AM, Bruno Santos <bsantos at biocant.pt> wrote:
> I am once more having problems running blast using biopython. I start the
> script the blastall process starts and after a few minutes it starts
> sleeping and no error message is passed. When I check the xml file it only
> writes part of the results for the first sequence.

Have you tried running the same command "by hand" at the command line,
to check that is works, and time how long you should expect it to
take?

> Does anyone has ever had the same problem?

I think the problem is to do with asking the operating system to read
all the error output.  Try commenting out this bit, and only read the
error handle if you have a problem:

# print error_info.read()

Quoting from the tutorial,