[BioPython] Bio.EUtils

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 13:04:38 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,

I am looking at the various ways Biopython interacts with NCBI's Entrez search engine, and if possible to organize and document this a bit more. Currently there are several modules that interact with Entrez. The most extensive one is Bio.EUtils, but there are also simpler modules such as Bio.WWW.NCBI. I was wondering:
1) Is anybody using Bio.EUtils?
2) If so, could you give an example script that uses Bio.EUtils?
So we can get an idea of the amount of overlap between Bio.EUtils and Bio.WWW.NCBI and others.

Thanks!

--Michiel.