[BioPython] KEGG Gene parser?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 15:15:45 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 Luca Beltrame wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'd like to know if there is a parser that can parse KEGG gene entries. As far
> as I can see, Bio.KEGG can only do Compound and Enzyme.

And there is also Bio.KEGG.Map, but you are right, there doesn't seem
to be anything for KEGG gene entries.

> Should there be the need I'm thinking about writing one, but since in 2004
> someone had posted something (now no longer available), I'm asking the list
> first.

It looks no-else is working on any KEGG code, so if you still want to
write something it could be be useful. Are you happy to write this in
a similar style to the existing Bio.KEGG modules, and put together
some basic documentation and a test case too?