[BioPython] Bio.PDB - adding 'dummy atoms'

Christian Meesters meesters at uni-mainz.de
Mon Jan 7 18:13:59 UTC 2008

Hoi,

I'd like to add 'dummy atoms' to a Bio.PDB Structure object. So far, I
have this approach:

new = Atom('OX', array([x, y, z]), 0, 1, 0, " OX ", serial_number)
residue.add(new)

Here x, y, and z are floating point numbers and serial_number is an
integer. 'residue' is a 'Residue' I'm iterating over. However, I keep
getting the following error message and don't have a clue, how to
proceed:

new = Atom('OX', array([x, y, z]), 0, 1, 0, " OX ", serial_number)
TypeError: object of type 'module' is not callable

Does anyone have a hint for me, how actually add an atom or what's wrong
here?

TIA
Christian