[BioPython] Bio.Ais

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 08:41:25 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I was checking which Biopython modules access Entrez/GenBank in any way, and in the process found the script example_ais2.py in Bio/Ais/Examples (this is not related to Entrez/GenBank in any way, it just caught my eye because it imports urllib).
Currently, this example script does not seem to work:

$ python example_ais2.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "example_ais2.py", line 39, in <module>
    immune = Immune( align, alphabet, 100 )
TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable

The directory Bio/Ais/Examples and its file example_ais2.py only appears in CVS and is not included in Biopython releases.

Does anybody know how to fix this example? If not, what should we do with it?

--Michiel.