[BioPython] FormatConverter: from Fasta format to ClustalW format

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 17:46:25 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 1:44 PM, Lee,Byung-chul <lee.byung-chul at kaist.ac.kr> wrote:
> As your explanation, I tried to use SeqIO, but another error occured
> I did it like below:

My fault, sorry. I wasn't at a computer with Biopython installed, I
had to guess.  I'll try and put together a proper example for you
tomorrow.

> Is this problem caused by the Biopython/Martel and mxTextTools vesions?
> I am using biopython 1.43-2 (ubuntu version) and mxtexttools 3.0.0-2ubuntu1.

The original problem you reported was due to the combination of
Biopython 1.43 (the Martel module) and mxTextTools 3.0. You can either
update to Biopython 1.44 or downgrade to mxTextTools 2.0 - neither is
going to be very simple if you want to use the Ubuntu repositories.
To avoid this Martel problem, I would suggest you un-install Biopython
1.43 from the Ubuntu repository, and then install Biopython 1.44 from
source.