[BioPython] [BioSQL-l] Authority in biodatabase table

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Jan 1 23:25:39 UTC 2008

(Sorry for this long-too-late reply. Going through old email that got
left unread or unresponded.)

Peter - you probably implemented something meanwhile that suits your
needs. Just FYI, BioPerl leaves this empty too. The general notion
for authority is that of the LSID authority field, but of course you
won't be able to parse this out of any input file. The value for
SwissProt would be uniprot.org, for example. For NCBI, I'm not sure -
NCBI hasn't ever issued any LSIDs, but presumably it would be
something like ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.

	-hilmar