[BioPython] Clustalw error: .aln not produced

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 19:10:57 UTC 2008

Hi Robin,

> I'm using the version 1.16 of the clustalw_init_file,

That is the latest revision of Bio/Clustalw/__init__.py in CVS, good.

> and clustalw version 2.0.

I haven't tried that, only version 1.83 I think.  This could be the
problem, but you did say that the command line work when run by hand.
I might have time to check the new version this weekend...

> I'm not sure what you mean by "supply the full path to the clustalw.exe
> file".  I have the location of the executable clustalw.exe described in the
> system path, and it runs directly from the windows command line, so I would
> assume it is properly mapped.

I meant rather than trusting Windows will find the executable on the
system path, try specifying it in full, e.g. C:\Program
Files\Clustal\Clustalw.exe