[BioPython] Clustalw error: .aln not produced

Roger Barrette rwbarrette at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 17:53:05 UTC 2008

Hi Peter,

I'm using the version 1.16 of the clustalw_init_file, and clustalw version
2.0.
I notice that when I run clustalw from the windows command line, it
generates the adeno4.aln file.  After this file is generated, the script
WILL successfully run from python.  It doesn't appear to be able to create a
new file when called from the python script, but it will update and modify
the existing one. Am I not setting up the files correctly?

I'm not sure what you mean by "supply the full path to the
clustalw.exefile".  I have the location of the executable
clustalw.exe described in the system path, and it runs directly from the
windows command line, so I would assume it is properly mapped.  If you mean
the path to the .fasta file and location of the output file for clustalw to
use; they are being input directly at the clustalw command, or am I missing
something?  Thanks.

-Roger