[BioPython] [bip] Bioinformatics Programming Language Shootout, Python performance poopoo'd

Colosimo, Marc E. mcolosimo at mitre.org
Wed Feb 6 15:28:15 UTC 2008

<rant>
What is biology in python or more to the point why is there yet another
mailing list (Web site?) for biology in python?

>From looking at their archive messages:

1. Need to establish python/biology community.....

Isn't that what BioPython is? If not, why not?

I'll also point out that there is "CoreBio" a python toolkit for
writing computational biology applications
<http://code.google.com/p/corebio/>

I don't want to subscribe to another mailing list, install another
suite of code, keep track of another Web site.
</rant>