[BioPython] Biopython to begin transition to Subversion

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 03:27:19 UTC 2008

Hello all Biopythonistas,

In the next upcoming weeks, Biopython will begin and complete its
transition from CVS to Subversion (SVN) as its revision control
system.

This transition will likely not affect end users of Biopython except
that to get the development version, a checkout with a Subversion
client, rather than a CVS client, will be necessary.

For developers, we will need to determine a suitable range of dates (a
week) during which we will "freeze" the CVS repository for its
transition to SVN. From the freeze and thereon, commits to the CVS
repository will no longer be possible. Instead, commits not placed in
during the freeze will need to take place in the Subversion repository
once we have it running. This week, we hope to have a "dry run" of the
Subversion repository available for the developers to poke around and
make sure the transition will include everything necessary. Following
that, we'll have the freeze and complete the transition.

If you have any questions, I'll be checking posts to the list, or you
may feel free contact me directly.

Best,
Chris