[BioPython] AlignIO: Sequences of different length

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:19:43 UTC 2008

I believe the script I gave you had the needle function on it :x It's just a
simple WSDL file provided by EBI being used by the SOAPpy module to access
the webservice. The parameters are default as well so, gapopen 10.0 and
gapextend 0.5.

The page of the service is:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/services/emboss

I kind of noticed that non-sense gap, but that comes with the format
unfortunately. I ran the Web version of the program, not the webservice, and
the outcome was the same (regarding the gap):

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/es/cgi-bin/jobresults.cgi/needle/needle-20081204-18180513899973.html

João Rodrigues
http://doeidoei.wordpress.com