[BioPython] will BioSQL work with psycopg2?

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 1 02:59:40 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I am maintaining the Fedora package for Biopython and we are doing a
complete rebuild of all Python packages for Python 2.6.  Currently I
have a dependency on psycopg (version 1.1.21) but since that is so old
pyscopg won't rebuild against the new mx, meaning that I can't rebuild
Biopython because the dependencies aren't there.

So my question is, will the Biopython BioSQL work with the newer
psycopg2 (currently version 2.0.8)?  See:

http://www.initd.org/pub/software/psycopg/

Does it require the 1.x API or will it work with 2.x?  The BioSQL page:

http://biopython.org/wiki/BioSQL

isn't clear on this.

Thanks,
Alex