[BioPython] AlignIO: Sequences of different length

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 06:34:33 EST 2008

I got a reply from the EBI support team saying that the webserver they
provide is outdated, when compared to the versions of NEEDLE we (me on the
web and Peter on his local machine) used. So, BioPython is nice and
up-to-date, it's their server that is quite outdated.

" Actually the WSEmboss web service uses an older version of EMBOSS (2.9.0),
which
exibits this behaviour. I suggest you contact the BioPython folks and let
them
know that older versions of EMBOSS behave differently.

If you want to use the latest version of EMBOSS I suggest looking at using
the
Soaplab services (see
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/soaplab/overview)
instead.