[BioPython] New user question: biopython compatability with EPD

Nick Matzke matzke at berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 29 22:21:48 UTC 2008

I did exactly this and it worked fine...
(Enthought, then Numerical, then biopython)

Ted Larson Freeman wrote:
> I'm using the Enthought Python Distribution, which contains many
> libraries including numpy. Reading the requirements for biopython
> here:
> http://biopython.org/wiki/Download#Required_Software
>
> I see that biopython requires Numerical Python, an older version of
> numpy. Can I install Numerical Python alongside numpy and use them
> both?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ted

Nicholas J. Matzke
Ph.D. student, Graduate Student Researcher
Huelsenbeck Lab
Center for Theoretical Evolutionary Genomics
4151 VLSB (Valley Life Sciences Building)
Department of Integrative Biology
University of California, Berkeley

Lab websites:
http://ib.berkeley.edu/people/lab_detail.php?lab=54
http://fisher.berkeley.edu/cteg/hlab.html
Dept. personal page:
http://ib.berkeley.edu/people/students/person_detail.php?person=370
Lab personal page: http://fisher.berkeley.edu/cteg/members/matzke.html
Lab phone: 510-643-6299
Dept. fax: 510-643-6264
Cell phone: 510-301-0179
Email: matzke at berkeley.edu

Office hours for Bio1B, Spring 2008: Biology: Plants, Evolution, Ecology
VLSB 2013, Monday 1-1:30 (some TA there for all hours during work week)

Mailing address:
Department of Integrative Biology
3060 VLSB #3140
Berkeley, CA 94720-3140