[BioPython] Parsing BLAST for ClustalW

Allan Kamau allank at sanbi.ac.za
Thu Aug 21 08:29:24 UTC 2008

Hi Alex,
I haven't yet used BioPython (therefore my suggestion may be quite wrong).
To generate CSV from XML may require use of general XML SAX parser
solution (unless BioPython has a package to output CSV from XML of that
particular structure).
I prefer to use SAX (in many cases) as opposed to other more memory
resident XML parsing solutions (DOM etc) due to memory issues especially
if your XML is large.
Have a look at
"http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/XML/Parsing-XML-with-SAX-and-Python/"

Allan.