[BioPython] (bio)python for vector cloning

Alexandre Santos ochipepe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 08:12:56 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating the suitability of python and biopython for
the planning of my molecular biology chores.

In particular, I would like to use for instance the ipython shell to
pick up my vectors of interest, the list of restriction enzymes I have
in the shelf, and design cloning strategies, plot annotated vector
maps, etc.

My question is on whether anybody has experience doing this with
python related tools? I had a look at some biopython documentation and
tutorials (http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/sis/formation/python/apa.html#sol_digest),
and it seems feasible, but if possible I would like some
experience-based feedback.

Cheers,
Alex Santos