[BioPython] parser code

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 13:33:34 UTC 2008

I agree that that is an excellent site to learn Python and Biopython. One word of caution though: There may be some differences between the latest version of Biopython (1.45) and the Biopython that was used to write that tutorial. So when you try the examples shown there, you may see some deprecation warnings.

--Michiel.

Sean Davis <sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov> wrote: On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Tim  wrote:
> Hi,
>  When I was learning Bioperl, I used a book, Beginning Perl for
>  Bioinformatics. It gave a lot of information on how to write your own
>  parsers etc. Is there anything similar for python at the minute? It is
>  great that biopython has lots of parsers available, but it would be
>  great to see the code for these, with some explanations. Does this info
>  exists?

Hello, Tim.  Of course, the biopython project is open source, so you
can just download the code and look at whatever you like.  However,
you might find this site useful:

http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/sis/formation/python/

Sean