[BioPython] How to produce html report with biopython blast

Bruno Santos bsantos at biocant.pt
Wed Apr 16 13:34:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am using  python to launch some BLAST searches, but instead of parsing results in Python  I only want to produce a html file. To do that I am using the keyword html=’T’,  but this don’t seem to be enough to python produce the file. Can anyone tell me  how can I achieve my objective?

Another  question I want to ask is in which method of blast_record I can get the  hsp.align-len, that is basically the length of the aligned hit? This value is  present in the xml file but in the class diagram available in Biopython  tutorial and cookbook I can’t see a method that returns this value.

Thank you  very much in advance,

Bruno  Santos

P.S.-I am  having lots of problems with sending messages to biopython lists it always say  the message is awaiting approval because it contain a suspicious header. Can  anyone tell me what I need to do to change this behavior?