[BioPython] NCBIXML Blast parser Error for TBLASTN

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 05:49:44 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Alaguraj Veluchamy
<alaguraj.v at gmail.com> wrote:
>  If you do "formatdb" of blast with ".gbk" files of NCBI database, then
>  the sequence co-ordinates are processed and gives numbers which doesnt
>  match with the original sequence.
>  Record.Py in the lib module doesnt say much about this.

Formatdb works with fasta or ans1 as input. I think this issue is not
a problem of the parser. The parser reads whatever is in the BLAST
output file. You should take a look on how did you generate it.

--
Curso Biologia Molecular para programadores: http://tinyurl.com/2vv8w6
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info