[BioPython] NCBIXML Blast parser Error for TBLASTN

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:36:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Alaguraj Veluchamy <alaguraj.v at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear people,I am stuck in parsing Blast XML output.

Give me your XML output file and your code to see the problem.
Maybe you can't align because the is a difference in polarity between
the BLAST hit and the original sequence (look at the 1 and -1 in
Hsp_query-frame and Hsp_hit-frame tags, does your problem happends
when you have 1 and -1 or even when you have both 1?).
You should give us a more detailed report, including xml file and what
are you expecting and what are you getting.
If the XML file is too big, upload it to another place and tell us the
URL to download it.
Best,
SB.

--