[BioPython] Python 3

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:54:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Tim <timmcilveen at talktalk.net> wrote:
>  I have been learning python and biopython side by side for a while now but
> notice that the release of python 3 is now approaching with many new
> features. Will biopython in its current form be easy to port to python 3, or
> is this going to be a major project ?

Biopython depends on some other packages. After these packages are
migrated, there will be no Biopython for Python 3. Most external
packages won't be ready by the release of Python 3. Just after the
release of Python 3.0, most external modules will start migrating.
Since this is a future event take what I say as a speculation :)

--
Curso Biologia Molecular para programadores: http://tinyurl.com/2vv8w6
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info