[BioPython] More results at NCBI Search

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 21:40:15 UTC 2007

João Rodrigues wrote:
> Sure I can :) Must warn though, that I have 2 weeks of "python-ing" so the
> code *could* be clearer! Oh, and some of it is in Portuguese because it's
> for personal use..

That's fine - as the code and comments were in English it was fine.

I see you are using Bio.WWW.NCBI as an interface to the Entrez query
system.  Somewhere on the NCBI website they have an answer to your
question (how to specify the number of results per page):

results = NCBI.query('Search', 'Protein', term='orchid', dispmax=23)

Some pages mentioned retstart and retmax but that doesn't seem to work.

You might also consider using Bio.EUtils instead - a python wrapper for
the NCBI's E-Utils interface.