[BioPython] sequence logo with biopython

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:36:59 UTC 2007

ok, thank you.

so, let's see if I understand how to use it:

from Bio.Seq import Seq
from Bio.AlignAce.Motif import Motif

m = Motif()
m.add_instance(Seq('ACTG'))
m.add_instance(Seq('ACCG'))
m.add_instance(Seq('ACTC'))

m.search_instance(Seq('ACACGACAACGTGTCGAT'))

m.weblogo('/home/user/logo.png')

Well, about refactoring.... honestly I think it would be a good idea.
The problem is that for example, I have never used AlignAce and I
don't know which kind of program is it... so I feel a bit confusing to
import a module called like this.
Anyway the Motif class seems useful, and I will use it in my program..
problably I will have to ask a few questions on it in the next days!
:)