[BioPython] Removing Bio.FormatIO ?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 08:12:02 UTC 2007

Having looked at the Bio.FormatIO code in more detail, a simple
deprecation warning isn't an option - it would get triggered whenever
anyone used Bio.SeqRecord

Would anyone object if we removed Bio.FormatIO (and its hooks in
Bio/SeqRecord.py and Bio/Search.py) entirely for the next release?

Speak now or forever hold your peace! ;)

Peter