[BioPython] sequence logo with biopython

bartek wilczynski bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org
Mon Sep 17 09:49:12 UTC 2007

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio <dalloliogm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> is there any way to produce sequence logos[1] with biopython?
>
> I have a set of sequences of the same length, which represent the 5'
> donorsite in a set of introns.
> I wonder if there is a way to to create and display a .png logo
> representation of them, like with this program:
> - http://weblogo.berkeley.edu/

Unfortunately, currently there is no solution in biopython to this. You can
however take a look at TAMO, a python library designed for working with
motifs.
http://fraenkel.mit.edu/TAMO/ I'm not sure if you can make png files with it,
but there are ways to at least obtain text version of the logo.

--
regards
   Bartek