[BioPython] using Bio.PDB: fast way to get the maximum distance within a protein?

Christian Meesters meesters at uni-mainz.de
Thu Sep 6 12:37:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the input.

To clarify what I actually wanted: I need a rather precise (+/- 2 Å)
estimate of the maximum distance within a protein - taking all atoms,
including sugar residues in glycosilated proteins for example, into
account. So, restricting myself to CA-atoms does not really help. The
approach should not rely on symmetry, since not all proteins have
symmetry.

Thinking about the problem once more, I decided to make use of the
Har-Peled approach Thomas pointed me (indirectly) to.

Again,
Thanks a lot,
Christian