[BioPython] Precompute database information

Fernando fennan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 17:51:30 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

I am thinking in including some algorithms that I work with into biopython.
My first concern is that I'm using a local image of the Gene Ontology
database to perform several operations. In order to avoid such database
accesses I could precompute the information I need and load it once the
module is called. How should I do it? Is there a guideline style to load
external variables or something like that? Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks