[BioPython] Bug in BioSQL/Loader.py

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Nov 8 15:59:49 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Eric Gibert wrote:

>                     qualifier_value = qualifiers[qualifier_key]
> [qual_value_rank]
>                     sql = r"INSERT INTO seqfeature_qualifier_value
> VALUES" \

Not enumerating the columns in the INSERT clause is dangerous
programming I think. This should be fixed, and should be fixed for
all statements where it is an issue.

Though BioSQL has been (and will likely continue to be) extremely
stable compared to many other schemas, it would be a shame if even
adding columns isn't possible because some of the Bio* projects don't
enumerate the columns explicitly.

My $0.02.

	-hilmar