[BioPython] FW: Re : from Bio import db

Michiel De Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 8 03:44:14 UTC 2007

Eric answer pasted below...

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Gibert [mailto:ericgibert at yahoo.fr]
Sent: Wed 11/7/2007 10:09 PM
To: Michiel De Hoon
Subject: Re : [BioPython] from Bio import db

Dear Michiel,

Here is the code. Sorry for the trouble. BTW, your guess it correct:
NCBIDictionary...
Here is my "debugging" script:
import Bio
from Bio import GenBank
from BioSQL import BioSeqDatabase
import BioSQL.BioSeq

list_to_load = []
def iterSeq():
    for s in list_to_load:
        yield s

if __name__ == '__main__':

    gi_list = GenBank.search_for("Archineura")

    record_parser = GenBank.FeatureParser()
    ncbi_dict = GenBank.NCBIDictionary("nucleotide", "genbank",
                                           parser = record_parser)  # <---
this is the line 18 causing the error

    biodb = BioSeqDatabase.open_database(driver = "MySQLdb", user = "yyyyy",
passwd = "xxxxx", host = "localhost", db = "BioSQL")
    selectedDb = biodb["allOdonata"]

#    gi_list.append('57282195')
#    gi_list.append('AJ459224')

    for seq in gi_list:
        gb_record = ncbi_dict[seq]
        print gb_record.id,

        try:
            db_record = selectedDb.lookup(version = gb_record.id)
            print "already present"
        except IndexError:
            print "absent", seq
            list_to_load.append(gb_record)

    #print list_to_load
    itS = iterSeq()
    selectedDb.load(itS)
Looking in the previous script version did not help me: the "import" is not
in the def but in the script header, except that, no difference in the 3
statements of the NCBIDictionary class. I hope you will find a solution.

Thank you,

Eric