[BioPython] MMCIF2Dict Key error

Jean Lechner jean.lechner at gmail.com
Tue May 15 08:41:13 UTC 2007

Hello

I havent seen any problems with the MMCIF2Dict in the archives...

But I have a problem with ...
If someone else can test it in order to say if it works by him ...

I have download the 1BYL.CIF on the pdb and for some tag like

    a=mparse['_cell.length_a']
    b=mparse['_cell.length_b']
    c=mparse['_cell.length_c']
    alpha=mparse['_cell.angle_alpha']
    beta=mparse['_cell.angle_beta']
    gamma=mparse['_cell.angle_gamma']
    z=mparse['_cell.Z_PDB']
    resolution=mparse['_reflns.d_resolution_high']

it works ...

but for some else like

title=mparse['_struct.title']

I have an error :

title=mparse['_struct.title']
File "/Users/insilico/Desktop/biopython-1.43/build/lib.macosx-10.3-ppc-2.4/Bio/PDB/MMCIF2Dict.py",
line 115, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'title=mparse['_struct.title']'

It happened for a lot of fields ...

I need to access them And I think I cannot acces them with teh structure
parser...

So if someone know what is the problem ...

PS :
I have checked if the fields for which it doesn t work are in the 1BYL file
... but they are all present